I simply can´t remember his name.
shuu-ma ba3mel maa-li 3am ´idzakkar ´ismo.
- I suspect that shuu-ma ba3mel means ¨whatever I do¨ or ¨no matter how hard I try¨ … which raises the question, how would I express that in fus7a? Probably مهما would be the start of the phrase (I formally would´ve been like, على رغم من or بصرف النظر عن but those probably aren´t quite natural here). I´m thinking of مهما كانت الصعوبات which once I saw translated as ¨come hell or high water¨
- I guess -li is part and parcel of the negating maa…Hm.
- 3am indicates present continuous? ¨I´m not remembering his name¨?
- Where that ´d´ in the verb come from? Weird. Does that happen in other amiyyified form V´s?
- Actually the apostrophe at the start of ´ismo is a bit weird since in fus7a it´s a rare example of nouns beginning with hamza waSl.
- Still plenty of question marks on this one, but that´s ok. Note to self, keep an eye out for the meaning of maa-li